Migrant Yellow Warbler, Fairfield county

Yesterday afternoon I had the distinct pleasure of watching a first year
female Yellow Warbler feeding for a lengthy ten minutes or so in our small
vegetable garden in the yard.  She spent a great deal of time in the green
bean plants that are  due to be pulled out and have gone rather weedy.  She
also spent time in the hay mulch around the base of the tomato plants,
actively chasing prey invisible to me.  In the years when I am lucky enough
to catch them, Yellow Warblers are among the earliest of the warbler
migrants.

Donna S. Bailey
Winnsboro, SC

e-mail: dsbailey@conterra.com

	Where are the Birds?  Migration across South Carolina