A Pair of Eastern Screech Owls

On my morning walk today, my wife Janice pointed out that two screech owls
were calling.  The robins were getting exercisized as the trilling
persisted.  These owls were on Burge Mountain Road off of Brookside Creek
Road about 1 mile from the Brookside Camp Road and Howard Gap Intersection
in northeast Hendersonville, NC (a few miles south from the Park Ridge
Hospital).

The owls seemed to be calling antiphonally at times and then at the same
time.  I've been living in this area since April, but this is the first time
that I have heard EASO's.  Is there a time of year when owls are likely to
call more often?

John Lindfors
mailto: JLindfors@msn.com
Hendersonville, North Carolina