Re: Mud?

The abundant rainfall in the triangle area has been great for the lawn, but
not so good for shorebird habitat.  Most area lakes are at normal pool and
not showing much if any in the way of mudflats.  An exception is Greenview
pond in Wake County.  July 4th rains broke the beaver dam impounding the
upper pool.  The result is what appears to be great shorebird habitat,
although close scrutiny Saturday only revealed 3 Solitary Sandpipers.
Unless we have a prolonged period of high temps to evaporate some water,
and no rain to replace it, I'm predicting a slow shorebird season similar
to last year.

Best,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC