FS: Leica 8X42 BA binoculars

Hopefully this For Sale post on Carolina birds wont raise too many hackles.
I'm not sure of the convention and this will be a once only post.  Please
respond if interested via e-mail.  I am not a commercial vendor, just a
local birder who, quite unexpectedly, has fallen to the temptation of
Swarovski EL binoculars.

I have my "old" pair of Leica 8X42 BA  trinovids which I want to pass on to
someone appreciative.  I have owned them for >2 years.  They are optically
perfect, no marks on the glass and are mechanically flawless.  There is
(very, and I mean very) slight wear on the rubber.

I would like to sell them for $500. I live in Durham and would be happy to
let anyone interested see (through) them.

Again... if I have crossed the line in misusing this forum, my sincere
apologies.  My assumption is that by selling these fine binoculars at such
a reasonable price I am perhaps giving some local birder the chance to own
glass that will enhance their birding pleasure.  I am decidedly NOT making
a profit here!

cheers

Jack McLain
Durham, NC