New arrivals

Went birding out in the old fields, hedgerows, and wetlands of the Mills River
valley in Henderson County (mountains) today and came upon a couple of new
fall arrivals - a Marsh Wren and a Swamp Sparrow.  We only have Marsh Wrens
here during migration.  Still haven't seen any White-crowned or White-throated
Sparrows yet, but they should be on their way.  Warblers seen included the
usual common ones in these parts for that habitat at this time of year -
Tennessee, Magnolia, Palm, Chestnut-sided, Redstart, and Common Yellowthroat.
There were several of all of these.
  I think I have that computer glitch finally fixed, so hopefully you won't be
hearing from those snipe again.  I have my fingers crossed anyway.
Marilyn Westphal
Hendersonville, NC
mjestphal@unca.edu