Red-headed woodpecker

I still have , from an apparent second nesting, an immature red-headed
woodpecker hanging around a suet log and suet cages I have out.  I surely
would like to see him hanging around when we do the Christmas count in a few
months.  I also saw a very immature Eastern Bluebird flapping around on a
young Japanese maple in the front yard.  It surely did look lost.  I have
one very vocal male goldfinch chomping on the thistle both early morning and
late afternoon.  That's usually the only time in which  he can find any
piece and quiet to eat.  The house finch seem to dominate it the rest of the
time.

My pineapple sage has  begun to bloom, and just in time for any migrant
hummingbirds likely to fly by. While outside today, I also noticed a white
gardenia bloom and one coral azalea bloom.  This is September, isn't it?

Joanne Harley
New Bern,NC
harleyclan@coastalnet.com