BROAD-BILLED HUMMINGBIRD

Pat and I just returned from the New Bern area where I am happy to report
that we had great looks at the BROAD-BILLED HUMMINGBIRD at Inge and Max
Parker's house!  After a disapointing miss last night between 6:00pm and
7:00pm (dark), I left work early today to try again.

We arrived around 4:15pm and the bird was perched in the tree near the
hummingbird feeder in the front yard.  It was perched in the tree or feeding
at the feeder and flowers in the front yard almost non-stop from the time we
arrived until 5:30pm when we left.  It put on a great show for Pat, Inge
Parker and me.  I took at least 15 nice pictures of the bird.

Two or three times the bird headed into the back yard for a couple of
minutes.  There were no other hummingbirds around until one female
Ruby-throated Hummingbird showed up just as we were leaving.

Inge, thank you again so much for the opportunity to see this little
creature!  It was fantastic, and we can't stop talking about your wonderful
yard!  I believe that it is the most "bird friendly" yard I have ever seen!

-Brad & Pat Carlson
Winterville, NC
BradCarlson1@hotmail.com