Dillon County 10-30

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today Dave Gustavson and I birded in Dillon County SC to try and find some
birds for my Dillon County list.  All told we had 35 species including 4
new birds for my Dillon County list. We went to Little Pee Dee River S.P.,
the lake near LakeView, the Dillon County landfill in Dillon (no gulls) and
various farm and wood edges. Just to note the lake in Lake View is now a
pond, it is down about 8 feet from where it was in June. Here is the list

Pied-billed Grebe
Canada Goose
Green-winged Teal
Mallard
Ring-necked Duck
Turkey Vulture
Sharp-shinned Hawk-1 seen up close at the landfill
Red-tailed Hawk
Am. Kestrel
Am. Coot
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
E. Phoebe
Blue Jay
Am. Crow
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
House Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
E. Bluebird
Loggerhead Shrike
Blue-headed Vireo
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
N. Cardinal
E. Towhee
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Red-winged Blackbird
E. Meadowlark
Brown-headed Cowbird

What a beautiful day!  Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the
mor-ooorn-ing!

Jack
Jack Peachey
Conway, SC