Fork-tailed Flycatcher at Pea Island!

Hi C-birders,

I'll post my usual rambling summary later, but since this sighting
unbelievably hasn't been posted yet..

I ran into John Wright sometime after 1 PM at Alligator River NWR today.
He related that Les Todd has spotted a Fork-tailed Flycatcher flying
north past the south dike of North Pond at Pea Island NWR this morning, I
think around 9:30 AM or so? He called folks on his cel-phone (hey Les:
I'm 508-728-5671, count me in next time!). John and Paula spotted it
next, following the dunes up Pea Island. Then Jeff Pippen, Derb Carter,
John Fussell, and someone else (Harry maybe?) saw it arrive at the old
coast guard station at the north end of the island, where it lingered for
a few minutes. It continued northwards around 10:30 or so, and to John's
knowledge hasn't been seen since. Anyone at the CBBT, Lewes, Cape May,
etc. take note...

I, of course, missed all this; I was at ANWR, enjoying the Swamp Sampler
and looking in vain for te Rough-Legged Hawk that Ricky Davis had seen a
few days earlier. I also missed the Eurasian Wigeon, and didn't even try
for the Sprague's Pipit. I saw the Tropical/Couch's Kingbird, though...
Don't you all wish you'd come to Wings Over Water now?

More later,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University