White-Collared White Throated Sparrow , 6 or 7 years old

For the 5th year out of 6 we have seen the same white throated Sparrow at
our feeder.  My guess is that it is 7 years old, because it did not have
first year plumage when we first saw it in the winter of 1997.  We did not
see it last winter, and thought that it was gone.   Getting on in years!

Had a nice trip to the outer banks.  We didn't see the Tropical Kingbird,
but did see , Eurasian Wigeon at Pea Island,  Great Cormorant  (Pea
Island), Lesser Blacked-Back Gull at Hatteras.  Also saw a House Wren. at
Mattomuskeet.  A total of 104 species.

Tom

Tom Krakauer
Bahama, Durham County, NC