Horry Cty birds of late

Hi y'all,
    Haven't had much opportunity for "serious birding" lately (dontcha hate
it when work interferes with the important stuff?) but have seen a few good
birds.

Yesterday p.m., an imm-type Black-throated Blue Warbler cruising with a
flock of Yellow-rumps, a Blue-headed Vireo, and both kinglets thru the ivy
in our front yard.

Approx. 19:30 yesterday, a flock of calling waxwings headed southward.
Pretty cool "night birds."

Today while in the field, a flock of robins approx. 200 strong along the
edge of a pocosin-type area in NE Horry Cty taking advantage of Inkberry
fruits. Way cool.

Am. Woodcocks startling me every time I venture into a hardwood bottom.
Flushed at least 6 today.

A nice "puddle" of ducks in a swamp near the Waccamaw; Woodies, Green-winged
Teal, Am. Wigeon. Cpl of the male Woodies were putting on a show for an
apparently uninterested hen. Neat.

Sparrows, sparrows, sparrows. The yard is full of Chippies, White-throats
and Juncos (the Clay-colored became past tense after two days.) Overgrown
drainage ditches along farm fields and rural roads are full of activity;
Field, Fox, Song, Swamp, Savannah, etc. Unfortunately, I don't have time to
sort thru 'em for the rarer ones.

Numerous Golden-crowned Kinglets thus far this fall. They're easier to find
than  Ruby-crowned here at present.

Oh yeah, there are a cpl of hummingbirds hanging out east of the Waterway,
too.

Cheers,
gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
walela@sccoast.net
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing's going to get
better. It's not." (Dr. Seuss, "The Lorax")