HBSP on Dec. 4

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today I met Gary Phillips, Rich Lilly, and a visiting birder/bander from
Ohio at Huntington Beach S.P., Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC. I had
earlier gone to Garden City Beach on the other side of the inlet but could
not walk the beach to view the north side of the north jetty because of the
high tide. Among all of us there were 44 species in  the afternoon. A lot
of bird story swapping goin on.

The most interesting birds (for me) were the appearance of some new ducks
in Sandpiper Pond: Green-winged Teal, Black Duck, a lone drake N.Pintail,
N. Shoveler, Am. Wigeon, Ring-necked Duck, Lesser Scaup, Ruddy Duck,
also E. Screech Owl and Great Horned Owl sounding off after 5 PM.
In Garden City Beach 2 Eur. Collared Dove, Loggerhead Shrike, and a large
flock of Starling and Brown-headed Cowbirds.

Good birding and Good company

Jack

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC