Siskin and spider

Hey all,
Noticed one of those big garden spiders near one of my
sunflower hearts feeders two warm days ago. I avoided
it as I filled the feeder.But not thirty minutes later
I saw a pine siskin fly into the web, and fly off
carrying the spider behind it. I went outside and
looked to see what happened, but could find them
nowhere. I always wondered if that ever happened.
Mostly all I have on my feeders now are the siskins
and goldfinches.
Kate
--- Robert Perkins <rperkins@infi.net> wrote:
>       This afternoon I happened to be looking at the
> backyard when a bird
> streaked across the open area near the bird feeder,
> either hit the
> ground or tangled with a bird at the edge of my
> brush pile, and zipped
> off.  I moved quickly enough to see an adult
> accipiter, probably a
> sharp-shinned, gliding over the house below me and
> heading away.  I had
> no opportunity to grab my binoculars, which were
> within reach and ready
> for use.  The hawk did not appear to be carrying
> anything, so I assume
> it missed.  Even without a definitive id, that hawk
> was my bird of the
> day,
>
> Bob
> Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
> Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
> Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
> 910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu

=====
Kate Finlayson
N. Chatham Co.,N.C.