Immature Cooper's - southern Durham

An immature Cooper's Hawk has been frequenting our suburban neighborhood,
stopping by to check out the bird feeder areas, then moving on. Definitely
not a sharp-shinned.  If it's the same bird, it's been coming around fairly
often in the last six months. Beautiful to see, especially when it swoops
down to change perches. I noticed lots of white "spots" on its back -- are
these immature feathers poking out?

Along with the sapsucker working our elms, and the juncos, cardinals, and
downies, it makes for nice winter window-gazing while getting over a
particularly nasty influenza!

Cheers,
Paula Mangiafico

Southern Durham, NC