Santee NWR and Orangeburg sod farms birds

Hi C-Birders,

Caroline Eastman and I drove down to Santee, SC for the C.B.C., which was
yesterday, 29 Dec 2001. Very successful. Lex Glover found four different
species of goose at the Bluff Unit of Santee NWR -- Canada, Snow, Greater
White-fronted, and Ross's. This morning Caroline and I walked the Wright's
Bluff Nature trail and got three of these four from the goose observation
platform, missing the Greater White-fronted Goose.

We stopped by the Orangeburg sod farms on the way home. The best bird was a
single Lapland Longspur mixed in with a large flock of American Pipits.

Here is our list from an hour at the sod farms, which are along US 301 just
southwest of I-26 in Orangeburg County, SC:

Turkey Vulture
Northern Harrier
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk