HBSP on 12-31

Hi Carolinabirders,
	This afternoon I spent about 3 hours looking for waterfowl and sparrows at
Huntington Beach S.P., Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC.  This was in
preperation for the Litchfield-Pawleys Island CBC on Wednesday, Jan 2.  The
most interesting item was the posting of a Razorbill in the notebook at the
north parking lot.  The bird was seen "on the ocean side of the jetty".
Hope it sticks around for the count. The variety and numbers of waterfowl
were unimpressive to say the least-8 species of duck. While looking over
the coots and ducks at the north end of sandpiper pond, out of the corner
of my eye I briefly saw a small rail scoot across an open spot. It could
have been a black.   A total of 37 species were seen.
	Hopefully the colder weather predicted for Wednesday might bring in some
good stuff.  I think we are going to have good coverage for the count.
	Its 7:15p.m and Lynn and I are going out to dinner and then pop a cork
with some friends.
	I wish a good year, health and birdwise to all, in 2002.

Jack
Jack Peachey
Conway, SC