lapland longspurs, Horry County, SC

Yesterday AM (31 Dec), Barbara and I found two Lapland Longspurs on our
morning walk.  We weren't exactly certain of our ID, so we went again this
AM with a book.  We certain now.  This is on the west side of Conway, SC.

Directions, Jack(?) and Gary(?):

Turn off of Hwy 319 onto Hardwick Road.  Go about a mile and a half on to
the houses.  There the road intersects another dirt road on the left and
bends to the right.  Keep on Hardwick Road.  See that second power pole on
the right?  It's about 200 feet closer than the pecan tree (with a blue
mark on it).  Yesterday and today the birds have been in the soybean part
of the field (as opposed to tobacco) withing 50 feet of that pole - real
easy to see.

Pipits, shrike, palm warblers, meadow larks, killdeer, etc.

St.

Stephen Thomas
stype@sccoast.net
Aynor, SC