CBBT and ATFC

I took a spin up (and down) the coast this weekend, starting at the
bay-bridge tunnel before going north to Cape Henlopen SP in DE and returned
by way of the Alligator River NWR.  Although the bulk of the trip was
outside the scope of this mail group, the CBBT and flycatcher are probably
relevant.  The CBBT was blessed/cursed with nice weather Saturday morning.
The balmy conditions kept the numbers of gulls down, but I was able to tick
some ducks off the year list including 2 WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS, several
Black Scoters, and several hundred Surf Scoters.  A female HARLEQUIN DUCK
on island #4 posed nicely for a few photos as did several Oldsquaw off #3.

The weekend ended with a swing through the (muddy) Alligator River NWR for
a peek at the ASH THROATED FLYCATCHER.  A soaring Bald Eagle over US64
seemed a good omen.  As is often the case with good birds, I found the spot
by finding the birders, in this case Brad and Pat Carlson.  As Brad
mentioned, the bird took a leisurely approach to being seen, but eventually
put on a well received show.  Nice way to end the weekend!

Have a great week!
Steve Shultz