NHAS trip to Raleigh lakes, duck inquiry

New Hope Audubon Society (NHAS) invites all interested Triangle
birders, members of NHAS or not, to a field trip on Saturday, January
26, 2002, 8:30 a.m.--Waterfowl of Raleigh Lakes. We'll carpool to
waterfowl hot spots in Raleigh. Highlights may include Canvasback and
other bay ducks, uncommon in our area. This is a lengthy trip with
return in early to mid-afternoon. Meet at the shopping center parking
lot in front of the Mardis Gras Bowling Lanes (behind the Hardee's)
at the intersection of highway 54, Farrington, and Interstate 40,
east of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Bring binoculars and spotting
scopes if you have them, and also a thermos of hot drinks and a snack
if desired. No sign-up required, but contact field trip chair Patrick
Coin (patrick@coinconsult.net) if you need any more information. Note
change in date to January 26.

I would also like to take this opportunity to inquire of Carolina
Birds members of the latest sightings of waterfowl in the Raleigh
area. (I don't get over to Wake County often.) Please let me know of
any unusual (or usual even!) aggregations of ducks in the area. We
are particularly interested in bay ducks, such as Ring-necked and
Canvasback. Please drop a note to patrick@coinconsult.net.

Many thanks, and please do join us on this coming Saturday. As
always, watch our web site for updates and future field trips.

--

Patrick Coin (patrick@coinconsult.net)
web master , field trip chair