Another parking lot bird

I've never really considered parking lots to be very good for birding
(unless I'm looking for House Sparrows).  But, following on the heels of my
Cooper's Hawk last week, today I found another species not normally seen in
and about parking lots, Lesser Scaup.  The single bird was paddling around
in the storm runoff basin beside the Kohls dept. store in Cary.  The runoff
basin is usually dry, but the recent rains have filled the ditch to
capacity.  I doubt the little guy will find much sustenance there, but he
sure was trying.

Best,
Steve Shultz
Apex, NC