Re: Ivory-billed WP updates

I wonder how many of the biologists conducting the field work, as well
as the rest of us eagerly awaiting the results, are concerned that the
reputed sighting a few years ago took place on April 1. Though the
observer has been grilled under great pressure and appears to be legit,
it still is a bit of concern that a phantom bird was reported on that
date, a bad date to be reporting a rare bird without a photo or voice
recording. (A hint to us in the Carolinas, as well; if you report a rare
bird on April 1, you better be prepared to face nay-sayers!).

Harry LeGrand