Black-headed Gull still present

I stopped by Mattamuskeet today to look for the Black-headed Gull on my way to the CBC meeting.  As I arrived at the first culvert from the north, naturally I was hoping that the flock of Bonaparte's would just be right there so that I wouldn't have a long search, so I was a little disappointed to see only one gull flying around.  But it was THE gull!  And what a pretty gull it is.  It rather tamely both swam and flew at close distances as it searched for food in the stream running through the culvert, providing great views of the red bill and legs, and the dark underwings.

Kent Fiala, in Nags Head