Greenview Heron Rookery Update

Dear Birders,

It looks like things are heating up here at the Greenview heron rookery.
This morning I counted five herons in the trees - some of them squabbling.
Yesterday I observed herons carrying in nesting materials.
(One was carrying a 40 pound bag of concrete!)
I'm psyched!  Hopefully we'll have an even bigger colony than last year.

Other recent sightings: hooded mergansers, ring necked ducks, kingfisher,
shrike, coopers hawk, one green winged teal.

John Argentati
Greenview Pond
Raleigh, NC