Re: Summer Weather!/ Gull and Tern size comparisons

Speaking of singing Pine Warblers, I first noted them singing in my yard on
Jan. 16th.  They are progressively getting louder and more vibrant.  It will
be interesting to see whether their singing quality changes at all when we
return to somewhat colder weather this weekend.

After seeing Will's great photo of the Bl.-headed Gull next to the Forster's
Tern, I'm still questioning whether Jill Froning and I really did see it
afterall last Sunday.  The gull that we saw was definitely larger that the
Forster's Terns it was with on the sandbar, but would a Bonaparte's also look
larger than a Forster's Tern if side by side?  The light was too poor to make
out the bill color.
Thanks,
Shelley Theye