Santee Coastal Reserve

Hi C birders,
This morning the newly formed Grand Strand Birding Group*, birded at the
Santee Coastal Reserve in Charleston County,  SC.  We had 56
species.  Highlights were Wood Stork, Brown Creeper (DAVE), three terns,
(lots of Caspian, one or two Royal and some Forster's), An adult Bald
Eagle.  Ducks were poor, except for about 500 G-W Teal, little variety and
few in number.  Sparrows were also very poor.  It was windy.
* Charter members (except we don't have a charter) were : Paul Rogers, Dave
Gustavson, Ritch Lilly, and your truly. All serious birders in Horry and
Georgetown counties are invited to join. E-mail Jack.  No dues, no
meetings, no firm rules,  (we will make them up as we go along) No
officers, no voting.  No more than five on a birding excursion (I just made
that temporary rule up, I don't like big birding groups, they become field
trips which in my humble opinion is the worst way to find birds.)
	The most memorable thing about today were the mosquitoes,  I'm sure there
were days at the reserve when they were worse, but I can't think of
any.  No biting flies though.

Good company, fair birding.

Jack