Hilton Pond 01/22/02 (Fish Hawks)

HI . . .

Ospreys and Bald eagles are well-known for their ability to catch
fish, but--based on a rare observation during "This Week at Hilton
Pond"--they're obviously not the only Piedmont birds of prey that go
fishing.

Curious? Then please visit the Web site for Hilton Pond Center for
Piedmont Natural History for our weekly photo essay about the world
of nature. Just click on
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020122.html to visit the "week" of
22-31 January 2002.

Also listed are the bird banding totals for the week, including a mug
shot of a Mourning Dove.

Please don't forget to forward this message to folks who share our
interest in nature.  :-)

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.