Snowy Owl

List members,

I saw a Snowy Owl last night about 10 O'Clock in Chapel Hill.  It was in the
middle of the road in Summerfield Crossing where my wife and I approached it
(Male ?, Female ?) within fifteen feet.  The bird remained unafraid and we
approached it closer.  I was worried that it was ill but when I got within a
few feet, it took off to the top of the Bus Stop sign where it was aware but
very uninterested in us.  It remained there for a few minutes until I
encouraged it to fly away.... I was concerned that it would go back to the
middle of the road.  It was in danger of being run over.

The bird was very large, white... oh so white and barred, indicating it was
an immature bird.  When it took off, the wing span was magnificent... thirty
five to forty inches.  Wow..

Any questions about location... call Jerry....933-7816...

Jerry...