Re: Snowy Owl

Eyeshine color depends on the type of animal.  The most common seem to be
Red, green, and yellow.  Most people see eyeshine in deer, which is usually
red, and small animals like opossums (yellow-green I believe).  I'm not
sure what it most common in birds.  I think alligators are green?

Of course if the eyes were seen during the DAY, then you would be seeing
the actual iris color and not the reflection off the retina.  Anybody see
this guy during the day yet?

Still hopin' for a Snowy,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC