another Rufous hummer in the SC coastal plain...

Hi y'all,
     This morning, I banded a cocky lil' SY male Rufous Hummingbird in Mt.
Pleasant,  SC. This little man found himself a very fine yard to spend the
winter in, y'all hear? Full of nice tall wax myrtles, bunch of thick
azaleas, several oaks of a cpl of species, adjacent to a marsh with more
bugs than the Chinese president's new Boeing, and hosts who provide a magic
feeder that's squeaky-clean and never runs dry. It's like he's living in
Louisiana, y'all....'cept he don't have to fight three-quarters of the
world's Rufous Hummingbird population to get a sip or two of sugar water
whenever he feels the need. He's livin' large.

    Hey Stacy! I believe that's yet another county for the fair Palmetto
State.

    Now ain't that something, y'all?

Woohoo!

;-)

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
walela@sccoast.net
"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J. J. Audubon)