Purple Sandp.: nemesis no more

Yesterday (2/9) I was at Ft. Macon St. Pk. near Atlantic Beach, NC, and saw
several Purple Sandpipers feeding together with a few turnstones on the long
jetty there.  I got a nice view of a couple of them through my scope.  This
is a species I've been looking for for five years, checking Oregon Inlet and
the rocks at Ft. Fisher whenever I was there.  After all that, there they
were in excellent weather conditions, being very cooperative and giving me a
nice, long look.

Erik Thomas
Johnston Co., NC
barbarahunter919@aol.com