Hilton Pond 02/01/02 (Moss Balls?)

HI . . .

"This Week at Hilton Pond" was a big one--our 40,000 banded bird
since 1982 and the first Pine Siskin in several years. There are
photos of them both, as well as a photo essay about a mysterious ball
of green moss that we found in the center of a red cedar tree.

Please visit the Web site for Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural
History by clicking on http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020201.html
to visit the week of 1-7 February 2002.

As always, we've listed bird banding totals for the week, plus the
records of some interesting "old" banded birds that have returned
again to Hilton Pond.

Please don't forget to forward this message to folks who share our
interest in nature.  :-)

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.