late postings

Sorry for the late postings, but I thought some would be interested anyway.
Over the 3 day weekend I visited the Outer Banks as well as Alligator River
NWR.  Some highlights:

2/16 - 1 imm. Great Cormorant at Pea Isl. NWR, perched on the shipwreck or
whatever the junk is in the ocean, across from the visitor's center.  Lots
of Robins this weekend, esp. near the Bodie Isl. Lighthouse.

2/17 - Best bird was an Eared Grebe at Cape Hatteras.  Great looks, as it
was only 10 or 15 ft. out in the ocean.  All the field marks were there.
Neat little bird.  It was about 1/4 to 1/2 mi. north of the point.  Didn't
have the rare gulls that the other poster had, except for 2 ad. Lesser
Black-backed Gulls.  There were over 1000 gulls, many of them packed
together to the west of the point, but they were too darn skittish for me to
get good looks.  If I walked to within a few hundred feet they started to
fly.

2/18 - Went to Alligator River NWR.  Was unsuccessful in finding the
Ash-throated or Western Flycatchers, although I had a nice look at an
Orange-crowned Warbler near where the Ash-thr. has been seen.  It was
feeding at the buds of the Red Maple trees, calling occasionally.  Lots of
Harriers and TVs, one imm. Bald Eagle and a few R.t. Hawks were soaring.  It
was a sunny but windy and cool day.

	Scott M. Baron