From: dcollopy
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu
Sent: 3/2/02 9:42 AM
Subject: Questions about burrowing owls

Hi folks, I leave for Florida to see some birds tomorrow. One of my
target
species is burrowing owls. I've tried seeing this species before and I'm
confused about what is the best time to see them. Kaufman in Lives of
North
American Birds says they hunt mostly at dusk and dawn but can be also
seen
during the day in breeding season.  So what is the best time? I'm also
wondering if this species has ever wandered up into the Carolinas.
Thanks
for your help, Dave Collopy