Re: Crested Flycatcher Question

Nancy,

I saw a Great Crested Flycatcher last year nesting in the old flag pole to
the coast guard station at Cape Lookout. The flag pole was about 3.5- 4
inches in diameter and dropped back to the ground for protection from
strong winds(not used anymore). The nesting portion of the pole was about
6-7 foot off the ground and leaning downward at about 30 degrees. I watched
them and photographed them go in and out feeding young for over an hour,
but the camera with a huge lens shook too much and the light wasn`t very
bright so I didn`t get as good of photos as I`d liked. I was told they nest
there every year, I`ll see as I`m going back the first weekend in May.

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC

Randy Emmitt Photography
http://www.rlephoto.com