RFI- Chile

All,

I know this is off topic, but I'm hoping someone out there has some
advice. I've been invited to give a talk in Talca, Chile, and if I go
that far, I'm sure enough going to try and see some birds. Anyone have
any birding experience in the vicinity of Santiago and points south? Any
books or guide recommendations? Any other travel pointers? Please
respond directly to me, and thanks.

By the way, the kestrels that have nested in the apartment tower behind
the K-Mart on Western Blvd. in Raleigh (right behind my office) are
apparently giving it another go this year.

Clyde Sorenson
clyde_sorenson@ncsu.edu