compact binoculars

Carolinabirders:

I'm recovering from a neck problem and need to
purchase a very light weight binocular...i've used
Nikon in the past, but they seem to get "foggy" fast
(within a year). I have a pair of 15 oz. Zeiss, but
they are too heavy.

I'm considering Bausch & Lomb 10x24 Legacy compact
2001.  My hesitation is, it seems I recall this brand
in regular weight being very sensitive to injury,
i.e., you drop them on a soft mossy surface the the
lens are off & can't be repaired. But memory may not
be correct, as what I'm recalling is from 25 years ago
when I first started birding and bought a cheap pair.

Has anyone used the BAusch & Lomb Legacy compact for
very long? Have they held up OK?

I need something that weighs less than 10 oz.; these
are 9.3 oz.

Hope this posting isn't out of line; my apologies if
it is.

Best wishes,
linda

=====