Re: compact binoculars

Linda Ward wrote:

> Carolinabirders:
>
> I'm recovering from a neck problem and need to
> purchase a very light weight binocular...i've used
> Nikon in the past, but they seem to get "foggy" fast
> (within a year). I have a pair of 15 oz. Zeiss, but
> they are too heavy.

[remainder snipped]

Linda, I have a question:  Is weight a problem when you are using the
binoculars?  Or just the weight around your neck when you are not using
them?  Or both?

The reason that I asked is that I have seen in the past, probably
advertised in one of the birding magazines, an accessory that holds the
binoculars at chest level, using straps to equalize the weight over your
shoulders rather than putting all the pressure on your neck.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC
alurie@nc.rr.com