Birdbox Houses of Waxed Cardboard?

I hope this is not a problem but I have received a desperate request for
information supposedly from the Audubon Society that there is a birdbox for
bluebirds available made out of waxed cardboard and that the bluebirds
"love" them.  Lest this request for information clog up the listserv with
replies, please answer me directly rather than through the Carolinabirds
listserv.

We have seen Chipping Sparrows at our feeder here in Hendersonville, NC
(WNC).

Thanks,

John Lindfors
Hendersonville, NC