Eurasian Collared Dove display

Recently in Florida I had an opportunity to really study the behavior of
several Eurasian Collared Doves. The courtship display flight is mentioned,
but not described in Sibley.
I'm sure many of you are familiar with this display, but I was not.
The bird was perched on a utility pole and called almost continuously. It
would fly up, not quite vertically, for about 40 ft. with tail spread and
with shallow rapid wing beats. It would then soar in a large circle with
stiff wings while giving a most "un-dovelike" nasal call.
A beautiful bird and an interesting behavior. Is the spread of Collared
Doves threatening Mourning Doves or other species?
                                    Reece
Reece 'n Judy Mitchell
Flat Rock, NC
rmitche2@tds.net