Titmice etc.

I was surprised to see two young titmice chasing the adults around in the
trees this morning.  The Chickadees and C. wrens are still just nest
building.

Yesterday I came across my first road-side walking Ruffed Grouse of the
season.

Anyone have info about dates and type of sites for nesting Hooded
Mergansers in the mountains.  Last year I saw a pair mating on the lake
here but did not find a nest or evidence of successful nesting.  This year
again there is a pair that have been together for weeks and I would like to
find evidence of nesting if there is any.  I haven't seen them enter a wood
duck box.  Could it be they might mate here and move on to another area to
nest?

Nancy Iha
niha@citcom.net
at Slick Rock above 3000'