Got Help? Best coastal sites April 6-12???

Hi all you Carolinians,

We're headed out your way April 6-12, with a trip from Raleigh to Kitty Hawk
on the 5th. I'll just bet you folks know some must-see ponds or especially
popular hangouts for migrants, locals, and shorebirds, don't you? Hmmmm?

Sure would appreciate a few insider tips, we've had great luck in the past--
ever been to "Joe's Pond" in Port Aransas near Corpus Christi, TX? Never
would have found it by ourselves,  and it was the experience of a lifetime,
so far, anyway.

We'll have a kayak and a GPS, too, for those out-of -the-way areas.

BTW, if anyone wants to go birding, or knows of anyone else who might, drop
us a line, please. We love to get together with local birders.

Thanks in advance,
Denise and Bret Coil
Albuquerque, NM

abqbc@comcast.net