First Ruby-thorated Hummingbird report for NC

Hello All,

Just about on schedule, the first NC sighting of a returning male
Ruby-throated Hummingbird came in to me today.  This morning a male briefly
visited a feeder at Weymouth Woods State Nature Center here in Southern
Pines (Moore Co.).  Anyone in North Carolina who had not dusted off or
refilled  their feeders yet better get cracking!

And for those of you wondering, the Broad-tailed in Gibsonville and the
Calliope in Winston-Salem are both still in residence (in addition to at
least half of the Rufous that overwintered in our state).

Happy Spring!

Susan Campbell
Whispering Pines, NC