safflower seed

Thanks to everyone who commented on the safflower seed.  It would appear
that the answer is........it depends.  I have put it out and will let you
know the results.  Because there is no mess, it would be good for feeders on
decks and patios, providing you have discriminating squirrels.  I use only
black oily sunflower and plain white proso millet year round with niger in
the winter and various suets.  Painted Buntings love the millet and while
there are teeny shells, there is no waste as one finds in mixes.
Bruce Krucke
Yonges Island, SC
bkrucke@awod.com
http://www.toogoodoostudios.com