heron nest etc.

been monitoring lone GB Heron nest off Bolin Crk. for
last 3 days... Mom(?) has been sitting tight on nest over
that time and today stood up to apparently shift eggs around,
allowing me some pics. Gnatcatchers also in the area, but otherwise
stops along Bolin and Booker Creek today and Battle Park found
no migrants. In fact it seemed spookily like 'silent' spring
out there today! -- lots of hawks but not many songbirds.
Haven't seen female campus Barred Owl last 3 nights so maaaybe
she's finally on nest (I had given them an April 1st deadline to
get with the program!!!)

**Rob Gluck......Chapel Hill..... thrush@hotmail.com