Re: BLUE HEADED VIREO/BRN. THRASHER

Bev Hudson wrote:

> Yesterday our Brn. Thrasher returned and went right to the suet feeder!
> This is the 3rd year in a row - I don't know how long birds live (if
> they aren't killed somehow), but it amazes me how they return to the
> same place year after year.  I keep a diary and the Thrasher is a week
> early - the Vireo is one day early and the Blk & Wh. warbler should have
> been here today.

Yesterday, I saw a Brown Thrasher attempting to feed from my small
hanging suet feeder.  I don't think it managed to get anything, as the
suet cake is nearly gone, so there was none left near the top for the
Thrasher (I guess I better pick up some more suet cakes!)

I don't know how long the Thrasher has been here, as I did not realize
they were not year-round residents, but I've been seeing "Thrasher
flashes" --  too fast for me to see the actual bird, but size & color
unlikely for anything else  --  for a month or so.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC
ALURIE@nc.rr.com