Spring Arrivals

Early this afternoon I decided to check out the West Point on Eno park in
Durham for blue-gray gnatcatchers.  Thought I heard one but couldn't confirm
it.  Stopped at a part of the park and watched the robins and yellow-rumped
warblers, kinglets and a lone hairy woodpecker.  Then I heard the
unmistakable sound of a Northern Parula.  Yes... spring is here.  Later was
able to see two of them and heard a couple more.  Then as an added bonus I
happened to see a Blue Headed Vireo quietly going about in the lower limbs of
trees.

Dianne Smith
Durham, NC
JBS4711@aol.com