Pishing

Barbara Brooks wrote, jokingly, I'm sure, that her "pishing" usually makes
the birds leave!  Just what sound should we try for? Perhaps a distress
call.  Should we try to sound like a scolding mockingbird or just buzz or
what? Do you actually make a "pishing" sound? Should it be loud or soft? I
have no success calling birds because I really don't know what sound to try
to imitate. I'd welcome any sound you experienced pishers can write via
e-mail.  Just give me some idea!

Put out a hummingbird feeder this morning and had a rubythroat right away!
We have several bright red azaleas in full bloom (as well as others with
less color) and can count on seeing hummers as soon the red ones bloom.

Lucille Lentz
ljl@etinternet.net