Curtis Creek Rd. Birds

I stopped by Curtis Creek Rd.(McDowell Co.NC) yesterday on my way back from
Kentucky (made a quick trip up there to see a Snowy Owl which was still
there--- click on the URL below to see photos of it).  There were a few
birds to be seen and heard.  First was a La. Waterthrush; got real good
looks at it.  Then I heard but never saw 2 Black and white Warblers.The
oddest bird I saw was a Great Blue Heron in the creek about 2-3 miles up the
road deep in the woods.  Not where you would expect to see a Great Blue.  I
was surprised not to hear or see any Blue-headed Vireos or Black-throated
Green Warblers; guess they haven't made it there yet.

http://www.geocities.com/ncxbill/snowy.html

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club