Weekend sightings

Hi,
  I birded briefly at Eno River Park on Saturday, 3/30 and saw a small
group of 4 purple finches in a tree by the gravel road that is past the
parking lot at the park's entrance that has the swinging bridge trail.
  Also, in Graham, NC in my mother's neighborhood near Swepsonville I saw
and heard at least 50, maybe more, Goldfinches cheerfully singing and
calling, similar to other reports recently on carolinabirds.
  As I drove South on I-85 back to Georgia on Monday, April 1, I saw more
Turkey Vultures than usual circling in several spots along the interstate.
Most were in pairs. It seemed like I spotted vultures every 30 min or so of
my drive. At the bridge over a river near the exit for Belmont Abbey
college, I saw a kettle of vultures, black vultures, maybe 10 or so
circling and putting on a display.

Best regards,

Wendy
Decatur, GA