Hilton Pond 03/22/02 (Tree-Ear & Witch's Butter)

HI . . .

Tree-Ear and Witch's Butter sound like strange names for inclusion in
our weekly photo essay from Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural
History, but both are interesting organisms that showed up with our
recent spring rains.

To find out what these organisms might be, check out "This Week at
Hilton Pond" for the long "week" of 22-31 March 2002. The installment
is at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020322.html .

There's also the usual list of banded and recaptured birds--and a
photo of the second-earliest spring hummingbird to arrive at the
Center.

Please don't forget to forward this message to folks who share our
interest in nature.  :-)

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.